Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Rockin' Recessional

Here's an idea that I think is fun, and that ends your ceremony with a bit of a kick.

Lots of brides and grooms who choose traditional classical music for most of their ceremony -- the prelude and processional music -- switch to a rock'n'roll, R&B, or pop song for their recessional. The recessional, of course, is the song played just after the officiant pronounces you husband and wife, and you walk together back up the aisle, away from the altar.

Here are just some examples of songs for a rockin' recessional:

  • "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now" by McFadden & Whitehead
  • "All You Need Is Love" by The Beatles
  • "Beautiful Day" by U2
  • "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen
  • "Happy Together" by The Turtles
  • "Higher and Higher" by Jackie Wilson
  • "Hold On, I'm Coming" by Sam & Dave
  • "I Got You (I Feel Good)" by James Brown
  • "I Walk The Line" by Johnny Cash
  • "I'm a Believer" by The Monkees OR Smash Mouth
  • "It's Too Late To Turn Back Now" by Cornelius Bros. & Sister Rose
  • "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green
  • "Signed Sealed Delivered" by Stevie Wonder
  • "With This Ring" by The Platters

With their lyrics about the joys of love, these songs suit the moment when you've just been presented as husband and wife, and have shared that first married kiss. And with their upbeat tempo, they signal to the guests that, with the ceremony over, the party is about to begin!

__________

1 comment:

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

So funny...my sister's recessional was to All You Need is Love and my own song will be With This Ring. I thought I was being totally unique since it is so much of an older song but leave it to you DJ's to offer these up to all your brides and grooms :) Nice job.